Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Well, this trip started out with a bang! We were supposed to leave at 5:20 pm last night and get into Dallas around 7:00 pm their time. We didn't get to the hotel until almost 11:00pm Dallas time. The flight was delayed due to weather and then we had to take an alternate route around the storm, which took us to the west side of Texas and then back into Dallas. The pilot kept coming on the intercom giving us updates. I finally said to Ian, "this is the never ending flight". We were just glad we didn't have a connecting flight. Other than a little pain in my back, I felt pretty good for such a long day.
I finished my sixth chemo treatment today! Yeah! One more down! He gave me a little more than 15% strength. Not quite 20%. 25% is our final goal. However, Dr. K was very pleased with my progress and gave me a big smile when he listened to my lungs. He said that he could hear good breath sounds in every lobe. That was very encouraging! The best news is that I woke up this morning and tested my ph level and by the grace of God I was between 7.0 and 7.5! First I cried and called my parents immediately, of which neither one of them answered their phones. When mom called me back she was upset because all she could tell was that I was crying on the message and she couldn't understand me. Needless to say, both of them were ecstatic! Once I got over the short time of tears, I was beaming with joy!!!! I have been working hard to get my ph up and I have made very good progress. I think I'm tooting my own horn a little bit. That's ok, I think I earned that. So, for those of you who are just coming in on the blog I will quickly explain. At a ph of 7.0 the cancer can no longer grow and spread anywhere. At 7.4 it is dead!! I am determined to kick this thing to the curb! There is no room for it anymore. I am determined to not give this beast an environment that it likes. Going, going, gone. Right aunt Mayda?
I was on a high this morning and then crashed after chemo. I have felt pretty sick today and stayed in bed most of the day. I finally got up and Ian and I walked across the street to Bass pro and had dinner. I could hardly eat anything but a baked potato. Even though it has been a tough day after chemo, the morning far outweighed everything!
We leave tomorrow afternoon and will be home early evening. Please pray there is no delay in the flight and all goes well. Flying home is exhausting on me when everything goes well. I just need to get home to bed and snuggle with my kids.
Good night and I will talk to you all soon.


  1. So happy to hear the good news about your lungs and your PH level. Yeah God! Praying for your trip home. See you soon. Love you, Lisa

  2. Oh Kelly I'm so excited for you! You totally have earned some tooting your horn, you are going through so much, congratulations on the pH change!! Praise the Lord! I am continuing to pray for you and praying you have a smooth flight home today. We love you!!

  3. I agree with Betsy...toot your horn deserve it!!!! Great news all around!! Oh...and the reason your flight was delayed was not because of the was because the plane loads of prayers that accompany you had to land first:):):)

  4. Awesome Kelly!!! I am crying tears of joy for you. May God continue to give you strength and health. We will continue to pray you through this! Love, Gloria

  5. Toot! Toot! Toot Away! That is awesome!!! I know that takes a lot of determination. Continue to Toot!.....your own horn, that is!!!!

    Love you and we'll try and come for a visit if you are up for it!

  6. Well, I'm glad you're tooting your horn and not something else!! :-) Seriously, I am SO thrilled about your PH levels and lungs! You must be so proud to see the healing actually happening right before your eyes. I hope you can see that your hard work and sacrifice has paid off and that God is working His miracles!!Hope you are home by now and hugging your kids!! Prayers you!!