Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Friday, April 2, 2010

I'm home from Texas. Five treatments down! My doctor was very pleased with my progress. My ph was 6.9!!!! I'm almost to 7.0 and the cancer can no longer grow. That was very exciting! I did very well yesterday, the day of treatment. But, today has been a little rough. I don't know if the plane ride home just takes alot out of me or what. But, I have been in bed almost all day just feeling like I have the flu, achy and like my head is going to explode. It was a quick trip and this is what I will be doing now. I think it's just alot and runs me down. I'm praying that I will feel better by Sunday so that I can enjoy Easter with my kids.
When I got home today, my kids were taking a walk with my mother in law and when my little boy saw me, he froze and yelled Mommy! He started to run to me and squeezed me so tight and kept kissing and hugging me. Maddie was right behind him. That's the best feeling!
My doctor examined me where he injected chemo into my skin where the cancer had metastasized and he thinks it is gone. The skin is still healing because the chemo burned it. But, I was excited that he felt like it took care of it. I am so greatful for each little bit of progress. One thing at a time and I feel like I'm moving forward.
Please continue to pray for forward progress and that I will start to feel better.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I love that your number keeps moving up!!!!

    I think your kids will be your best medicine! And it's free medicine that only has a happy side effect. Take your rest as much as you can. I know traveling takes it out of me when I'm not sick, so rest! rest! rest!

    I love you! Call me when you are up to it and we will figure out what pictures you want to order. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hear it for an elevated ph...and for little boys hugging their mom!!!! YEAH!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! Praying that you are feeling well on this special day! Thankful for His gift and asking for the gift of health for you. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter!! Hope you were able to enjoy your day with the family and forget about your own stuff for awhile. I just love Easter!! Our church service was so beautiful and joyful! He is Risen!! Love you....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelley,
    Glad to hear stuff is looking up.... miss your smiling face and lovely laugh here.... may the pH stay up, may you have tail winds, smooth skies, and extra seats for your flights. I just wanted you to know that although I don't have a direct line upstairs I've got you in my thoughts and prayers! If you need anything I'm only a phone call away!!! Luv ya, Deb J

    ReplyDelete