Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Saturday, June 26, 2010

This has been a rough week. I'll start back with Monday. I went to my oncologist at the recommendation of my doctor in Texas, to see if she would be willing to give me an infusion called Herceptin. I have receptors on my cancer cells which shows that I am HER 2 positive. This drug will block those receptors so that they will stop replicating these cancer cells. If she would give me the infusion, then it would save me a trip to Texas. She agreed to give it to me, but also recommended another chemo drug. I have been very confused as to what to do. I feel like this thing is out of control inside of me and something has to stop it quickly. So, I have been praying as to what to do. My doctor in Texas does not want me to do it as of yet. I have started the UK protocol and he would like to give that a chance. But, waiting on that makes me nervous. I still didn't have an answer from the Lord by Friday when I was to get the infusion, so I told them I would take the Herceptin, but I was still trying to decide on the chemo. I got the Herceptin yesterday and seemed to tolerate it well until after I had been home for a little bit. I started to get nauseous and took a pill to help with that. I slept for a little bit, but when I woke up, I was still nauseous and soon began to throw up. I guess this is common and usually only happens with the first dose. I hope that's the case. I will get the Herceptin once a week for three weeks and one week off.
My other problem is my pain. It just doesn't seem to be getting any better. Just seems to be getting worse. I have increased my pain medicine, but nothing seems to completely take it away. Being in pain constantly begins to take a toll on you physically and emotionally.
Please pray that I will make the right decision as far as the chemo goes and that my pain will subside.

3 comments:

  1. Kelly,
    I am so sorry to hear you are in so much pain and so sick. I am praying for your pain, healing and that God would give you discernment about which course of action to take. Love you Kelly.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear friend. We missed you this weekend but completely understand why you weren't able to be there. I'm so sorry that you are having to make these difficult decisions. I will be praying for God's will to be crystal clear. Its so hard when things are murky and we are waiting for direction. I will also be praying for your pain to be taken away. Believing and praying for God's mighty work to be accomplished! Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly, just want you to know that we are still praying and trusting God to take good care of you. So sorry you are in so much pain. Am praying for wisdom for you in all the decisions. Please know we love you and are standing with you even at such a distance. We love you, Mike and Peggy

    ReplyDelete