Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Saturday, May 22, 2010

I am back from Texas, but will be leaving again tomorrow evening for three weeks. I have to get chemotherapy twice a week for three weeks to be aggressive with this cancer. I spoke to my radiologist last week and he reread my pet scan. The radiologist at Good Sam read it wrong and the cancer is on my omentum, which is the lining of my intestines. It is also on my diaphragm. Although it does not appear in my breast or bones, it is in a lymph node. Which is an improvement. It was in several lymph nodes to begin with. I will be going with my Mom tomorrow and she will stay with me for a week and a half and then Ian is driving out with the kids as soon as Maddie gets out of school and they will be with me the next week and a half. Maddie is having a hard time and we felt like Ian just needed to be home with the kids until she finished school. They are excited about coming out and seeing where I have been going all the time. On the other hand, she is not happy about me leaving tomorrow.
My chemo changed this past time to three new chemo drugs and they have made me pretty sick. The thought of getting on the plane tomorrow is making me sick. I am also having alot of pain in my abdomen. If you could just pray that I feel well enough to fly tomorrow and that I can get my pain under control. My emotions are at an all time low, as you can probably imagine. Please continue to pray for my physical and emotional healing as I continue on this journey.
I will take my computer with me so that I can keep you updated while I am out there.

7 comments:

  1. kelly, i am praying that you have strength and power in the Lord. you can do it girl!!! much love and prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kelly, we are trusting God to supply all you need as you continue this journey. we love you and are praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, my glory and the One Who lifts up my head." Ps. 3:3 NKJV
    "For Who is God, except the LORD? And Who is a Rock, except our God? It is God Who arms me with strength, and makes my way perfect. He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, and sets me on my high places." Ps. 18:31-33 NKJV "The LORD lives! Blessed be my ROCK! Let the God of my salvation be exalted." Ps. 18:46 NKJV
    Sending you our love & prayers and of course, hugs & kisses! "Because God is with us, we need not fear what is ahead of us."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly...your prayer warriors are in full gear...praying for you, for Ian, for your precious children, for your parents, for your family. We have you covered...go and continue your healing that has already begun.

    "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him" (1 John 5:14-15).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly...I had a good cleansing cry for you yesterday (as I'm sure you have had plenty of!)but now I'm in full miracle/prayer mode. I so wish I could make your pain and sadness go away but the best I can do is to ask (beg) God to give you the strength to fight this new battle and a strong belief in yourself. Hope your trip out went well and that you are getting settled in. Soooo glad that Ian and the kids will be joining you soon. I know that will give you a huge boost. BELIEVE you will get well, Kelly. That belief is more important than any medicine/chemo. Repeat it over and over to yourself - say it to the mirror. I know how hard that is...but you can do it!! You have lots of cheerleaders! :-) We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, We are all with you and your family today and everyday. We pray that the Lord grants you the strength and peace that you all need to weather this storm. Remember the saying, "Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes God lets the storm rage and calms His child." Remember you are always in God's hands and we are your #1 cheering squad! We love you bunches! The Ambulatory Crew

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking of you...praying for you....love you.

    ReplyDelete