Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Ok, so I have lots to tell you. I will begin with the flight to Texas. It was a flight like no other. It started out with this couple sitting in front of us that could not keep their hands off each other. They finally got up and went to the bathroom together and Mom wanted to put a note on their seat to get a room. It was ridiculous, but we got a good laugh out of it. Everything was going smoothly with the flight until the last half hour or so. The pilot came on and said we would be landing in about 20 min., which ended up being 30 min., and then about 2 min. later, he came on and told the stewardesses to take a seat now. We knew something was up then. He had mentioned a thunderstorm, but it was really a very bad thunderstorm. The plane started rolling from side to side and taking little nose dives. At one point we came out of our seats and people let out a scream. It was lightning and no visibility outside. It was like something you would see in the movies. I looked at mom and said, I am not going to die from a stupid plane crash! I just sat there and prayed. I started to get really nauseous and mom was looking for the barf bag. Thankfully, I didn't have to use it. We finally got through the storm and as soon as we came through the storm clouds, there was a beautiful rainbow on the otherside. I thought that was pretty cool. When I saw it, I thought the Lord was saying, I was right here all the time. As He always is. We had the same stewardesses on the way home last night and I asked them if they were nervous. They said they got a little nervous and very nauseous. They then told us that the plane had been struck by lightning. So, we really did make it through the storm with God waiting on the otherside.
That was the beginning of our trip. Mom and I went to chemo the next morning and everything went as planned. My sugar dropped a little lower than usual and I felt pretty yucky for a little bit until my sugar came back up. But, everything went well. My Dr. wanted to measure my tumor before I left and I was anxious to see what he thought. He was all smiles as soon as he began to feel for the tumor. Three weeks ago when he tried to measure the tumor, it was almost impossible. The tumor was still so large and it was difficult to feel the edges of it. He could now easily feel the edges and the measurements were smaller than when I had my consultation with him. That was two weeks before I started treatment. He kept saying, "this is unbelievable, this is a miralcle. I am so happy for you". Not that he didn't think this was going to work, but the difference in three weeks was better than he thought it would be. Mom, Lindsay, Dr. Kotsanis and I just looked at each other and smiled big smiles. I was so excited as I walked out the door. I not only got good news, but I have 2 weeks off. I was on a high!
Mom and I had lunch and went back to the hotel so I could lay down. I didn't feel very good this time. I think maybe it was because I got treatment closer together. But my good news totally outweighed how I felt. We got on the plane last night and had a wonderful flight home and I was glad to be home in my bed by 11:00. That was a very quick and eventful 31hrs.


  1. WOW...what a powerful picture of God's hand on your life!!! He is bringing you through the storm Kelly...His hand is on you!! And I am doing the happy dance!!!:):)

  2. What an awesome testimony of God's grace and mercy through the storm. I'm overwhelemed with joy for you! Love you.

  3. Life is good and God is very good! I can just see you saying, "I'm NOT going to die on a plane!!!" :) So happy and grateful that prayers are being answered! Have a great two weeks off. Love you much.

  4. Kelly,
    So glad to hear all the good news. I just can't imagine that plane ride on top of everything else. What's a boring day like for you, or have you forgotten what those are? Ha, ha..

  5. Your mom did not share that story with us yesterday!! (Probably a smart idea since Nana was there!) But what an incredible that I needed to hear today!! So excited to hear the Dr report! Wonder why we're so surprised? God is just doing what He promised. Enjoy your 2 weeks off! Hope your Mother's Day was very special!! Love you....

  6. Wow! I am so glad you both made it back safe. I finally figured out how to comment on your blog, it only took me forever. So glad you have a two week break, I am praying for you and thinking about you and your family often. I hope you had a great Mother's Day. You take care and please let me know if I can do anything for you and your family. God bless, Dottie

  7. Kel..this is the verse our pastor used yesterday as we baptised her 18 month old son, Luke. He was 1 lb 3 oz at birth and was never expected to make it. They have been through a similar journey in many ways to yours. It gave me great hope for you!! BELIEVE and fear not!! We're praying for you when you don't have the strength...
    1 But now, this is what the LORD says-- he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. 2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. 3 For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead. 4 Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give men in exchange for you, and people in exchange for your life. 5 Do not be afraid, for I am with you;