Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yesterday was a really bad day. I got chemo in the morning and then had to drive an hour and a half away to a hospital to have the fluid drained from my abdomen. They drained 4 liters of fluid, which is about 12 pounds. I am so sick from the chemo and from loosing that much fluid that I vomited all the way back to the hotel. I have a great deal of pain in my abdomen as well. My mom was so good with me. She does not do well when her kids are in pain, but I was so proud of her. She was a real trooper! She never left my side and was up with me several times in the night. I have stopped throwing up today. But, I am very weak. As long as I stay still, I don't have pain, but when I move it hurts. I would have to say that yesterday was the lowest of the lows. I'm not sure how it could get any worse. I'm trying so hard to keep my spirits up and just keep asking the Lord, how much more can I take. Please pray for endurance to get through this battle for my life.

5 comments:

  1. Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling. I wish we could take away all the pain and sickness you are dealing with. I pray the Lord can take that burden off you. You are so blessed with a wonderful family. You know anytime you need a private nurse you know where to call,I'm sure you would end up with the whole outpt crew. We all love you and are here for you and your family. Take care and thank you for keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your chin up Kell, we are all praying for you. You can do this and you will beat this. Sending you a big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are asking the Lord for the side-effects to be minimized and miraculously relieved. We are praying for peace, comfort, absence of pain, a real sense of feeling the Lord's touch, freedom from anxiety, and knowing He the wonderful healer will bring you beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness.Praying for Maddie and all your family. Keep trusting Kelly, you are a very courageous young woman..abounding in the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kel...my heart breaks hearing that you are suffering so. I'm so proud of your mom for her role with you...I know that was NOT easy! In our Bible study last night we read Romans 5:
    "We know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." I pray that you can find the HOPE of what lies ahead and that you will be relieved of your pain today. May you feel the Holy Spirit within you, helping to get you through this tough time. Know that we are surrounding you with your prayers. I also read Psalm 77 today which I think describes how you are feeling. Read it to the end to find the reassurance of God. We love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for God to love on you today, putting His loving arms around you, holding you and relieving your pain, in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete