Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm home! Dr. Mckeen came in around 5:00 last night and said my CT scan had improved since Monday and I could go home. She feels like this may have all been caused by the chemo. So, she will not be giving me chemo for a while. I will just get Herceptin for now. She said many women do very well on just the Herceptin. She wants to research a little more and see if this is truly from the chemo. There is another woman in Boston that is receiving the same chemo as me and has the same symptoms, except she is worse than me right now. The doctors up there are trying to decide the same thing, whether it is a side effect of the chemo. Dr. Mckeen is going to recommend that they not give her the chemo again because of the similarities of both of our cases. My CT scan was so good that she feels comfortable not giving me the chemo right now. She said that I could be close to being in remission. We will see how I do with just the Herceptin and let my body heal from the pneumonia and mouth sores. Then, she will probably order a PET scan and we will know for sure whether I am in remission or not. I was overwhelmed by these results. There are a few benign lesions in my left breast, there does not appear to be any cancer in the lung, and there is still some fluid in my abdomen, but my abdomen looks unremarkable. I was brought to tears! My God is so good! He's still good even when I doubted Him at times. That's my kind of God! Always faithful! I am home now on antibiotics and healing. Weak, but doing well. I am thrilled to not be getting chemo for a while so that I can get my strength and energy back. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

5 comments:

  1. Wooooo Hoooooooo! I haven't hear news this good in a long time! :) God is good and so faithful. I am so happy for you! Amazing answers to prayer and hopefully it will get even better from here! Enjoy those babies and enjoy getting stronger. Love you and will continue to pray and give God praise for answered prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kelly...I am JUMPING FOR JOY with tears flowing!!! God is awesome and I don't know why we have such a hard time trusting that He will come through. I prayed so hard last week that you would stop the chemo....and now the doctor is reinforcing that....answered prayer!! Nothing can separate us from the love of Christ!! I am so thrilled that you may be close to remission. Time to get on my knees and thank Jesus for this good news!! I love you soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly! What wonderful wonderful news!!! We're all so happy for you and your family! We have all been on our knees and are so thankful to God for blessing you so richly! For some reason we all have trouble turning over everything to him..but once again we've been shown that we must! I've been taught this lesson so many times! The church group that comes every Thursday has continued to pray for you and I think Pastor Frank would love to hear this news! God Bless and love you! Kathie, Forrest & the Girls (Nana is smiling ear to ear)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,
    All I can think of is the song "How Great is My God". Praise God and thank you Jesus. I'm so glad to hear this awesome news. Kelly I'm praying every day finds you stronger...physically, mentally, and spiritually. You go girl!
    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. PRAISE GOD!!!!!! God is so Awesome! Will continue to pray for you to regain your strength. Love you

    ReplyDelete