Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Friday, August 13, 2010

Still running a fever today. The doctor said to give the antibiotic another 24hrs. or the fever may be a side effect of the chemo. I remember running a fever for 21 days straight the first time I went through chemo. They tested me for everything, ended up pulling my port out and canceling my last two treatments of chemo. Nothing ever showed up positive for any kind of infection. So, it may be a side effect of chemo. In any case, it's not fun. The fever makes me feel like I have the flu and keeps me in bed. I'm tired of being sick! My mouth sores have on the other hand gotten much better, and I am able to eat now. My mom asked them on Tuesday if they had ever had patients with sores this bad and they said no, this was the worse case. I seem to react violently to chemotherapy. I have never had a strong immune system, and I'm beginning to think that has alot to do with how I tolerate chemo. I'm trying to hang in there, but sometimes it just seems so hard. Ian is trying to keep me positive and my head up. That's a big job for him right now. Maybe you should be praying for him instead. Anyways, that's whats going on now. Hopefully, the fever will go away soon and I will start to feel better soon.

2 comments:

  1. I DO pray for Ian all of the time. He is such a wonderful patient husband. God truly blessed you with him!! I'm so sorry that you have this fever. That is the worst when you just feel achy and blah. It sounds like your diagnosis may be right. My prayers right now are for you to discern what is best for YOU. We all support you in whatever decision you make. Sometimes your body gives you the best direction...listen to it. So glad you can eat again and that your mouth is healing. I am holding you in my heart! Love you sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing praying for ALL of you. Happy to hear that your mouth is getting better and you are able to eat something. I'll be praying that our Lord would breath a fresh wind and your spirits would be lifted. Love you.

    ReplyDelete