Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I am sorry that it has been so long since I blogged. I had a really rough week last week. I got chemo on last Tuesday and started vomiting in the night that night and as of yesterday, I was still vomiting. I have not eaten anything in that time and it was all I could do just to keep fluids down. I called the doctor yesterday morning and she had me come in. She sent me to Good Samaratin Hospital to have my abdomen drained again and to receive fluids and anti nausea medication through my IV. I think we got my stomach to finally settle down a little. I will not get chemo today. It probably won't be until next week if my stomach is doing better. My WBC's have also bottomed out. They were .8 yesterday, which is bad. If they don't come up on their own, I will have to have a shot called Neulasta, that makes WBC in your long bones. I had this shot after each chemo treatment four years ago. It was very painful for me. It makes your long bones ache really bad. Please pray that I don't have to start on that shot again.
I am trying to remain positive and keep my head held up. Some days are more difficult than others. I was going to be admitted to the hospital yesterday, but they ended up letting me go. I was so glad, because today is Parker's 5th birthday and I did not want to be in the hospital.
Please continue to pray for healing and that my body would be able to respond to the treatment.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to Parker! What a sweet boy! Hope you got to do something special with him. Its good to hear from you. I always get concerned when its been a while but I know you have your hands full! I'm sorry to hear that the chemo is so hard. We are continuing to pray diligently that your body would respond to the treatment and be healed. Love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I'm so sorry....hadn't checked the blog until today!! You are being prayed for constantly and I am here ANY time if you need help with kids, etc. I'm sending out a prayer chain right now to pray away that shot!! In Jeremiah 32:40 it says 40 "I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them" I know that this may be hard to believe in the darkest times but please cling to that promise from God. I love you so much!! Prayers all over the place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly, I keep holding onto the verse Gen. 18:14 "Is anything too hard for the Lord?" He is a mighty and loving God. Stay in His Word. We are praying for you and your family.
    Love,
    Debbie and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, we are praying daily for your healing, for peace, and for continued strength in your faith. Remember, His strength is made perfect by our weakeness.
    Love,
    --Kelly and family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just have you on my heart. Hope things have gotten better....love you. Aunt Marti

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are continually in our prayers.
    Blessings, John-Mark & Sande

    ReplyDelete