Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Saturday, October 9, 2010

Well, I am home from the hospital again. I went in Thursday because it had been 9 days of vomiting. I actually called my doctor and asked her to send me. I hate going to the hospital, so she knew I was desperate. I was extremely dehydrated and so weak. But, I am home today and praying that I will continue to feel better each day. I don't know if I will get chemo on Tuesday or not. I'm holding my breath! I'm praying that she will give me one more week to recuperate. We have had camping reservations with our friends for Thursday of this week through the weekend. I really want to go. Please pray that I will feel well enough to go and I can have this time with my kids and our friends. The weather has been so beautiful and I think it would be so good for me to spend some time outside. And pray that I will gain my strength back this week. My legs are so weak again, like jello. I think I had a couple of bites of yogurt in 10 days and that was it. I need food to build my muscle back again. I did it once before, and I will do it again. I'm trying so hard to keep my head up and remain positive. Sometimes it is a daily struggle and sometimes it is minute by minute. The Lord will continue to carry me through!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are home!!!! I want you to know you are constantly on my mind and in my prayers! I pray for healing everyday. Abby prays for you every night. I'll pray this week for some strength and no chemo. It would be so great for you to go camping. I know you enjoy it and the time with family and friends. I love you so much and I know this is a hard fight, but you are a fighter. The Lord is your strength and your refuge. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly..I am praying desperately that you will get to go on this camping trip. It will do you so much good to be with your friends and family and to just sit in the sunshine and let your worries drift away. The weather is perfect for camping! I think it is ok to TELL Dr. Mc that you need another week. FUN might be the best medicine for you right now!! :-) I will call you in a bit about dinner tonight. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, hang in there Kelly. You ARE a fighter. Did you know your/our name means "warrior"? The road seems dark, but our God is leading you through this valley. "He is a lamp to your feet and a light to your path."
    Also...
    PSA 94:18 When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me.19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul.
    My family and I are praying nightly for healing and peace!!
    Love you,
    --Kelly

    ReplyDelete