Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I did not get chemo yesterday, just my Herceptin. I was grateful for another week off to recuperate. I still am very weak and tired. I feel like I want to sleep all the time. She said to sleep when my body wants it because it is trying to heal itself. It just makes you feel like a bum being in bed all day. I've caught a cold too which my body is trying to fight off as well.
The camping plans are still in motion and my kids are so excited. I will go one way or the other because I do not want to disappoint them. I'm just praying for strength. I am not feeling sick, which is good. I can deal with being weak and tired. We plan on leaving tomorrow and the campground is on the west coast right on the beach. Please pray that I will continue to feel good and continue to eat and gain my strength. I am looking forward to spending time with my family and our friends.

4 comments:

  1. As long as you are not feeling sick, just plop yourself in the car and then into a chair. Everyone else will do the rest. Just having you there will be great medicine for Ian, the kids and YOU!! :-) I just know that God will give you the strenght to go - even if you have to will yourself the energy. Food always tastes better when you're outside in the fresh air so that should help your appetite. DON'T WORRY about anything else..God is in control!! I'm so excited for you to go...have a blast!! Wish I could go too!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, your resilience is an inspiration to me. I pray your time away with your family and friends will be a time of rest and recuperation for you and that you will begin to eat again. Enjoy your time away and laugh lots!! ♠

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are going!!!!! Glad also that you get another week to heal. Enjoy every moment...it's all any of us have. Think about taking elderberry extract. It helps to boost your immune system. You can get it in capsule form at Vitamin World. Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your time camping, Kelly! We will be praying for a safe and fun trip for your family & friends.
    Mayda has a good point...I have also seen it at CVS in liquid form.
    Love,
    --Kelly and family

    ReplyDelete