Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Monday, March 29, 2010

I know I'm a little late in writing this, but I'm home! I was so excited to be home with my kids that I haven't even looked at the computer. When we pulled up to the house on Friday, Jamie had the kids outside with a welcome home sign waiting for me. I have never been so excited to see my kids! I have enjoyed being with them this weekend, reading books, snuggling in bed and loving on them. My in laws came in yesterday and have taken them out for a little while, so I thought I would use a little quiet time to catch up on my blog.
The trip went well and I am now four chemo treatments down. We have the next three weeks scheduled. I will leave on Wednesday night, have treatment Thursday mornings and come home Friday. My mom and I will be going this time. Ian will stay home with the kids. We just felt it was too soon for both of us to leave them again. They were happy with the fact that Daddy would be staying with them. I think Ian will go with me every other time so it's not too much on the kids. Wednesday is coming quick and I will be gone again. As far as how I am feeling. Well, I did not feel real well the last two days. I was really run down Saturday and yesterday I was nauseous most the day. But, today I woke up feeling a little better. Hopefully I'll get a couple of good days before getting chemo again. My pain is a little better. It seems to come and go more than being constant. Hopefully it will continue to just go away.
I am back on all my supplements and strict diet. We had backed off a little bit because the doctor said it was too much on my body all at once. Please pray that my body will continue to be able to deal with all the change that it is going through and begin to heal itself. My goal is to get my ph level up. I need to be in an alkaline state because the cancer cannot live that way. It likes to be acidic. If I can get my ph to be 7.0 then the cancer will quit growing. If it is 7.4 the cancer is dead. I am at 6.5 right now. This is a major goal. So, please pray that I can get to 7.4 because then this monster will not be able to thrive inside of me. I am going to kick him out one way or the other!
Thank you again for all your prayers and support!

5 comments:

  1. kelly, how do you test your ph levels? praying for you this morning as i was reading in ephesians about the incomparable power of God. :) have a good trip and a wonderful easter weekend! love, amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly...i admire your fortitude and go get em' spirit!!! Ata way girl...that cancer WILL be DEAD in you and the Lord Jesus Christ WILL prevail as usual in His Child!!!! I, too, am interested in how you keep your ph levels monitored. What have you been eating and are you able to find ample things to eat re: the ph level? Blessings to you sister...Be Well and travel safe!! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it, Kel. I know that diet of alkaline foods can seem pretty boring or bland.. I checked the list out.. So, I pray God just makes the food taste/look enticing to you so it'll be an easy goal to reach! I just know you've chosen an amazing treatment plan - Praying Wed. & Thurs. go by quickly and you'll be back with Ian & the kids in no time. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kel..remember....we are all carrying you when you don't feel like you can get through it!! The Ph thing is very interesting. There are several products out there to raise PH levels. Maybe we all need to be doing that!! :-) Praying for you to keep working through the anger. Love you so much....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I don't know what you are doing for your pH. I was on a strict pH balanced diet years ago and have "fallen off the wagon" so to speak, and the cancer monster became alive in my body. I try to drink one glass of "Perfect Food" Super Green Formula from Garden of Life daily. It helps me get the pH up. If you need someone to talk to that's going through this walk and trying to do the pH diet while undergoing chemo, give me a shout. LeAnn and Gloria know how to reach me, too, and can let you know I'm not a sales person or anyone with anything to gain but life, and life more abundantly (John 10:10)
    Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete