Psalm 118:17

I will not die, but live, and will proclaim what the Lord has done.



Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Today went well. It was a long day. First of all, our flight was delayed an hour last night and then another 45 min. once we got to Dallas because there was not a gate open for us. So, we got to the hotel later than we had planned. I slept pretty good last night though. We got to the doctors office around 9am and we didn't leave until 2pm Long day! They were all so good to me. It took about 20min. after I got the insulin before it dropped. It was quick. All of a sudden my heart was racing. I started at 94bpm and went to 125bpm. Then my vision started going. I could see, but everything was fuzzy. I was also sweating profusely. They checked my sugar and it was 29. He started to push the chemo meds and a bunch of others too. He ended with glucose to bring my sugar back up and then I drank orange juice and ate. Food never tasted so good. He told me that I would then get cold and it took a while before I did, but then I started shivering. I was exhausted and fell asleep for quite a while before they could take me back to the hotel. I slept more when I got to the hotel, but was woken up by herendous leg camps. I had lost too much fluid and needed potassium. I was glad Ian was here with me. I remember getting cramps the first time with chemo. Other than that though, I have not been sick. Just tired and the cramps. Hopefully that is as bad as it will get. We called the doctor and he is going to give me more fluids and potassium next time. Maybe that will help and I won't get them. My mom has been running all day getting me the food I need to eat. I don't know what I would do without her. She is the best mom ever. She just knows what I like and doesn't even have to ask me. It's nice not to have to think about all of that part of this. My next treatment will be friday at 8:30am. Keep the prayers coming.

8 comments:

  1. Keeping you lifted in prayers and thoughts OFTEN Kelly, Ian and "mom"!!!! Thanking HIM for the little side effects of today...Kelly, we are all Praying you through!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad it went well. Praying for some good sleep tonight and no leg cramps. I hate those things. Stay strong! I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly I am so thankful to hear how well your day and first treatment go. I am praying for minimal side effects for you! I am so glad you have such an awesome support system with you, what a blessing. Continuing always to pray for you. Love you so much.

    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update, Kelly. Its great to be able to pray for specifics. God is good and prayers are being answered! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I had prayed that your first treatment went well knowing that you had wondered what it would be like to have your glucose drop like that and thrilled to hear you did ok and that you aren't sick. Love being able to hear from you through this journey...it kind of makes it feel like we are with you. Constant thoughts and prayers are with you and many hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly, Praying constantly for you! So glad you have Ian and your mom there with you. Just know there is also an army encamped around you too lifting you before the throne and trusting God for big things that only He can do. Praise, glory and honor to Him for what He will do. Lots of love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly, I've been hearing the song "Let the Waters Rise" by Mikeschair numerous times the past couple of days. Everytime it comes on I think of you and pray. It reminds me of you, all you're having to walk thru and your trust in Him during this difficult season. Love you-- hugs and prayers Christie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Tut Tut love the Blog! I can stop asking Lele what's going on with you. Just letting you know we love you and everybody is praying for you. Love the method you are using to fight this thing. So many people are talking about using these alternative methods. Never knew cancer cells love suger! Add that to the list of reasons why we don't need sugar. Keep pressing on We know you can do it!!!!

    Steve and Stacey

    ReplyDelete